Saturday, March 20, 2010

An Amazing Homecoming Part 1

Sorry everyone for the delayed post. Since I got home 2 weeks ago, I've been blessed but also very busy visiting with friends and family. So asides from not much time, I've also been struggling with the words to conclude such an amazing adventure.

To start I'll begin with sharing about our last horah in Etiolo, Senegal. We decided to share in a big feast with some really close friends who made our time there so special. Considering the daily diet is mostly vegetarian (powdered fish doesn't count as meat), we decided a as Phillipe would say to "Croquez la viande", in english: "Crack some meat" (this is accurate as the norm amongst the Bassari is to leave in lots of bones to crack and eat the marrow).

The funny thing is that meat in Africa is fast. After church, three of us rallied up the chickens and chased after a rooster for 20 minutes. Haha we got pretty frustrated and in the end it was Augistin (my friend and translator) who grabbed with our tasty little friend. I called him a 'Camarah' - which means big hunter and he laughed (perhaps at my mis-pronunciation).

to be continued..........