Saturday, September 19, 2009

Travel Day

Yesterday was a big day with no sleep. We had a long stopover in Paris and it gave us a chance to see the city's sights and sounds. I'll be adding pictures later on.

We were able to see (and climb al 1665 steps) the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre (which surprisingly stretches about 12 city blocks) which had beautiful architecture, actually the whole city had amazing architecture! There is a canal that runs through the heart of the city that connects all the touristy spots where I got some beautiful shots.

Over all the flights were really good, no delays and all our luggage arrived! I also got to try lamb meatballs on the flight and yes, they did come back to haunt me somewhere over Morroco.

We arrived in Dakar, Senegal last night and already we've seen the effects of wet season. when we were dropped off, outside where we stayed last night we actually had to take off our shoes in the cab and walk through the flooded street, welcome to Africa.

Along the way here to the internet Cafe this morning anytiome I took out my camera someone's running up to me, trying to make friends and draw me to their shop, people really like me here!

Jimmy asked me this morning "how do you know which side of the tree is the front side?"
I said "whichever side your facing."
He replied "People go behind trees to do their business, that's how you'll know which side's the front."
"I'll watch my step."

Well that's the update for now, were going to tour the city today and get some supplies starting at the armoury.

God Bless